- Assen 2017 May 3 2017 Race 1; After a great start from tenth place, Nicky was forced wide following a coming together of two of his opponents at turn one and lost a handful of places. As the race progressed, the 35-year-old from Kentucky was able to make up some ground: he ran as high as tenth before having to reduce his pace in the final laps, when the grip level of his softer rear tyre decreased. Hayden will start race two from the thirteenth spot of the grid.
Race 2 ; Hayden got a great launch from 13th place on the grid and was already up to eighth place at the end of the opening lap. In the first half of the race, Nicky stayed in touch with the group fighting for sixth place on board his Honda CBR1000RR Fireblade SP2 machine and, as the race entered its final part, he did his utmost to defend his position from a resurgent Jordi Torres, who overtook the American on the penultimate lap.
- Phillip Island 2017 Mar 8 2017 The Red Bull Honda World Superbike Team has contested the opening race of the 2017 FIM Superbike World Championship today at Phillip Island, with Nicky Hayden and Stefan Bradl finishing eleventh and fifteenth respectively.
Hayden launched from eleventh place on the grid and was immediately eighth on board his Honda CBR1000RR Fireblade SP2 machine as the World Superbike field entered turn one. The 35-year-old from Owensboro, Kentucky, kept himself in the fight for eighth place until the final three laps when, after losing a bit of ground, he returned eleventh at the flag.
After launching from twelfth place, Hayden was able to maintain his position and spent the first part of the race in the fight for tenth. After setting his fastest time, on lap nine the 35-year-old American tucked the front at turn ten and crashed: despite remounting his Honda CBR1000RR Fireblade SP2 and returning to the track, Hayden could not continue the race.
- Team launch Red Bull Honda Ten Kate Feb 8 2017 The Honda Ten Kate World Superbike squad has officially launched its new Fireblade machine, which sports Red Bull backing for the new season.
Riders Nicky Hayden and Stefan Bradl were on hand at Red Bull's Hangar-7 base near Salzburg to show off the 2017 CBR1000RR SP2 in its new colours.
The bike, which is based on the latest iteration of the road-going Fireblade, made its track debut last month during a two-day test in Jerez, and was honed further in another test at Portimao.
Former MotoGP champion Hayden described the latter outing as "frustrating", as he struggled with the power delivery of the new machine around the Portuguese track.
The American rider nonetheless was upbeat about the 2017 season, his second in World Superbike, which begins later this month at Phillip Island.
"It's all happening," said Hayden. "A lot of new things going on, we're very excited and very motivated by a lot. The fans expect a lot of us, as we expect from ourselves also."
- WSBK Laguna Seca 2016 Jul 14 2016 Home hero Nicky Hayden got on the podium in Race 1 at Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca, with the American coming home P3 to a roar of approval from the crowd – followed very closely by teammate Michael van der Mark, who crossed the line in P4 to complete a good day at the office for Honda WorldSBK Team.
After a Red Flag caused a restart in Race 2 at the legendary US venue, Hayden found himself struggling to replicate the pace from the aborted Race, as van der Mark began from the final row after having taken a tumble in the original few laps run – sealing his fate on the grid for the restart.
Both Hayden and van der Mark battled in the group for P4 behind the dueling Ducatis of Davies and Giugliano, with the American crossing the line in P5 at the flag, and van der Mark staging an incredible recovery up to P7 – after moving from 19th to 11th in the first lap.
“I’m really disappointed for how the race went, especially for how things were looking before the red flag,” lamented Hayden. “At the first start there was a little glitch in the light and I got buried, but I was good in turns one and two and made up a lot of positions. I was feeling more and more confident and just had my best lap of the weekend on race tyres, then the red flag came out. After the second start something happened: we’re not sure what exactly at the moment as the team is still analysing the data, but the bike was completely different. I couldn’t brake as good as yesterday and I lost all confidence. It’s a shame, really, because after the first start I thought I could have gone for something really special.”
“Something happened at the first start because the lights went off and on again and that created a bit of chaos,” said van der Mark. “I tried to move up as quickly as possible but then I tried to outbrake Camier entering the Corkscrew but was too hard on the brakes and lost the rear. It was a bit scary, but thankfully I was able to find a gap between riders and avoid any collision. After that, I had a good start from the back of the field and managed to get close to the top 10 by the end of the first lap. I tried to make up some more places but the feeling with the bike was not the same as yesterday; I could close the gap a bit with the guys ahead but that was it. It was really hard to stay with them, but overall we must be happy with our seventh place today and with the weekend overall.”
The Honda riders will be back out on track at Lausitzring in Germany in September for Round 10, after the summer break gives a chance to recharge before the last four Rounds of the season.
- Goodwood Festival of Speed 2016 Jul 5 2016 Honda WorldSBK rider Nicky Hayden whas one of the stars of this year’s ‘Goodwood Festival of Speed’, which took place in the grounds of Goodwood House in West Sussex, England. This whas the second time that the 34-year-old American rider has took part in the iconic event that gathers together the best of four and two-wheel machines old and new, along with famous sportsmen, celebrities and an incredible crowd of motorsport enthusiasts.
- Nicky Hayden riding vintage riders in Barber Motorsports Jun 13 2016 Nicky Hayden riding vintage riders in Barber Motorsports
- Nicky with the fans! Jun 13 2016 Nicky Hayden and his fans on the race tracks around the world.
- WSBK Donington Jun 11 2016 Donington UK
- WSBK Imola 2016 May 9 2016 The fifth round of the 2016 World Superbike Championship at Imola, Italy.
- WSBK Assen 2016 May 9 2016 The fourth round of the 2016 World Superbike Championship at Assen, the Netherlands.
- WSBK Aragón 2016 Apr 28 2016 The third round of the 2016 World Superbike Championship at Motorland Aragon, Spain.
- WSBK Phillip Island Mar 6 2016 The first round off the world superbike championship 2016