- Qatar WSBK Nov 9 2016 Nicky Hayden will be back in Honda World Superbike Team colours this weekend but it will be the first time he tackles the Arabian circuit on a superbike. The Kentucky Kid has previously raced at the Losail International Circuit in MotoGP, contending every year from the first time it appeared on the Grand Prix calendar in 2004. All that experience could play in his favour and another podium could be on the cards. His teammate Michael van der Mark finished in the top five in both races last year, and with another season of experience under his sleeve, the Dutchman is sure to be a podium challenger.
- Aragon Moto GP 2016 Sep 29 2016 Nicky replacing injured Jack Miller in Aragon.
- Lausitzring WSBK Sep 20 2016 Lausitzring
- Suzuka 8hrs TEST Jul 15 2016 Testing in Suzuka for the 8hrs
- WSBK Laguna Seca 2016 Jul 14 2016 Home hero Nicky Hayden got on the podium in Race 1 at Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca, with the American coming home P3 to a roar of approval from the crowd – followed very closely by teammate Michael van der Mark, who crossed the line in P4 to complete a good day at the office for Honda WorldSBK Team.
After a Red Flag caused a restart in Race 2 at the legendary US venue, Hayden found himself struggling to replicate the pace from the aborted Race, as van der Mark began from the final row after having taken a tumble in the original few laps run – sealing his fate on the grid for the restart.
Both Hayden and van der Mark battled in the group for P4 behind the dueling Ducatis of Davies and Giugliano, with the American crossing the line in P5 at the flag, and van der Mark staging an incredible recovery up to P7 – after moving from 19th to 11th in the first lap.
“I’m really disappointed for how the race went, especially for how things were looking before the red flag,” lamented Hayden. “At the first start there was a little glitch in the light and I got buried, but I was good in turns one and two and made up a lot of positions. I was feeling more and more confident and just had my best lap of the weekend on race tyres, then the red flag came out. After the second start something happened: we’re not sure what exactly at the moment as the team is still analysing the data, but the bike was completely different. I couldn’t brake as good as yesterday and I lost all confidence. It’s a shame, really, because after the first start I thought I could have gone for something really special.”
“Something happened at the first start because the lights went off and on again and that created a bit of chaos,” said van der Mark. “I tried to move up as quickly as possible but then I tried to outbrake Camier entering the Corkscrew but was too hard on the brakes and lost the rear. It was a bit scary, but thankfully I was able to find a gap between riders and avoid any collision. After that, I had a good start from the back of the field and managed to get close to the top 10 by the end of the first lap. I tried to make up some more places but the feeling with the bike was not the same as yesterday; I could close the gap a bit with the guys ahead but that was it. It was really hard to stay with them, but overall we must be happy with our seventh place today and with the weekend overall.”
The Honda riders will be back out on track at Lausitzring in Germany in September for Round 10, after the summer break gives a chance to recharge before the last four Rounds of the season.
- Goodwood Festival of Speed 2016 Jul 5 2016 Honda WorldSBK rider Nicky Hayden whas one of the stars of this year’s ‘Goodwood Festival of Speed’, which took place in the grounds of Goodwood House in West Sussex, England. This whas the second time that the 34-year-old American rider has took part in the iconic event that gathers together the best of four and two-wheel machines old and new, along with famous sportsmen, celebrities and an incredible crowd of motorsport enthusiasts.
- WSBK Misano 2016 Jul 1 2016 Misano 2016
- Nicky with the fans! Jun 13 2016 Nicky Hayden and his fans on the race tracks around the world.
- WSBK Donington Jun 11 2016 Donington UK
- WSBK Imola 2016 May 9 2016 The fifth round of the 2016 World Superbike Championship at Imola, Italy.
- WSBK Assen 2016 May 9 2016 The fourth round of the 2016 World Superbike Championship at Assen, the Netherlands.
- WSBK Aragón 2016 Apr 28 2016 The third round of the 2016 World Superbike Championship at Motorland Aragon, Spain.