- Winter training Jan 19 2016 Nicky Hayden doing some winter training in California,preparing for the 2016 WSBK season.
- Wintertest 2016 Jerez Dec 8 2015 Wintertest 2016 Jerez
- EICMA show Italy Nov 23 2015 Nicky visiting the EICMA show in Italy
- Wintertest ''2016'' for WSBK Honda Ten Kate Nov 22 2015 Honda’s new World Superbike pairing of Nicky Hayden and Michael van der Mark have concluded a two-day private test at MotorLand Aragón today, in readiness for the 2016 FIM Superbike World Championship.
After an opening day of action that was heavily affected by a thick fog embracing the circuit - which fully lifted only with two hours to go - both riders made the most of today’s track time by putting in a significant number of laps aboard their Honda CBR1000RR Fireblade SP machines.
Nicky Hayden’s first taste of the new challenge translated into a significant number of new areas to explore – new bike, new tyres, steel brakes and different electronics. The 34-year-old from Owensboro, Kentucky has worked tirelessly with the team to get comfortable on his CBR machine with a special focus on the front of the bike and on its electronics.
With one year of experience in the series under his belt, Michael van der Mark could concentrate on evaluating new material for his #60 Honda including a new software code, new brake pads and a small upgrade in terms of engine character. The Dutch flyer and the team also continued working on the bike’s behaviour with a full tank of fuel as well as on qualifying tyres.
Hayden and van der Mark completed 83 and 80 laps respectively over the course of the two days.
The Honda World Superbike Team will return to action next week (25-27 November) for a three-day test at Circuito de Jerez, the last outing before the winter testing ban.
“Today we were able to improve immediately from yesterday and kept making small steps forward throughout the day. We got a little bit stuck at some stage on pure performance but then we were able to push through and improve under braking and on corner entry. We now have an idea on where we need to improve; we used two bikes with different configurations and I liked some things from both, so now it’s a matter of putting things together and see if the general feeling improves with it. It’s early days still and surely the weather didn’t help but I enjoyed riding the bike and working with the team. Now we have a week off to look through the data before Jerez and I’m looking forward to it. It’s a different kind of track compared to here and we’ll see what happens.”
- Aragon GP 2015 Oct 15 2015 Aragon GP 2015
- MX training in Lommel Sep 12 2015 In the sand of Lommel (MXGP Track)
- Assen GP 2015 Jul 3 2015 The Dutch TT at Assen provided another exciting MotoGP race this Saturday, won by Valentino Rossi from pole position. The Italian engaged in an entertaining battle with Marc Márquez. The two rode side-by-side for much of the race, out on their own after breaking free from the chasing pack. The victory was decided on the final corner of the final lap, at the notorious Assen chicane. Márquez attempted a pass, grazing Rossi and running him off track as the Italian avoided crashing. The shortcut along the gravel took Rossi to the chequered flag, in a finish that was controversial for the contact made by Márquez. Jorge Lorenzo completed the podium in third.
As in Barcelona, POWER ELECTRONICS Aspar rider Nicky Hayden suffered a racing incident that relegated him to last position after the opening lap. This time it was Jack Miller who knocked him off the track at the end of the back straight and the American was forced to adjust. Thanks to the hard work of his team this weekend, Hayden was able to ride quickly and gain confidence during the warmup session and then copy the same pace in the race itself. He was able to climb several positions and get into the fight for best Open rider. Loris Baz finally managed to hold him off, but the Kentucky Kid was fairly satisfied with sixteenth place and a good performance.
16th Nicky Hayden: "The weekend did not go as well as expected. We had some problems, but the team worked exceptionally hard and that allowed me to get a good pace this morning. In the race I made a great start, probably the best of the year, but Miller knocked me off the track at the end of the back straight and I had to go onto the runoff area. That left me in last position and I had to fight hard. That was only possible because the bike responded well. After overtaking several riders I caught up with Baz, but not enough to try to overtake him. We must recognise that today we were very consistent, with excellent pace. It is a pity that, for the second consecutive race, I dropped to last place on the first lap and had to make a comeback. On the other hand, I am satisfied because we did not give up and were able to overtake many riders thanks to our great pace. On the closing laps, when the tyre performance dropped, there was some chatter that hurt us when turning, but even so we finished quite satisfied."
- Barcelona GP 2015 Jun 29 2015 Barcelona
- Jerez Moto GP 2015 May 4 2015 1st race in Europe Jerez Moto GP 2015,120000 attendants.
- Qatar Moto GP 2015 Apr 1 2015 First race of the 2015 Moto GP season in Qatar.
- Nicky visiting Dainese D-Store in Thailand Feb 11 2015 Dainese D-Store Thailand welcomes Nicky Hayden
- Winter test Sepang 1 Feb 10 2015 Nicky Hayden testing in Malaysia for the 2015 MotoGP season